Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mini Pizzas

Did someone say healthy pizza??

Thats right! I have the solution to all of your "I want pizza but I'm also on a diet" problems!
I have to credit the idea of this to my friend, registered dietitian and sports nutritionist, Angie Albers. I put my own twist on it and have to say it is now my favorite "cheat" meal!

I was extra hungry after my workout today so I had three, but this recipe is for two!

Directions:

  • Split a 100 calorie whole wheat bread thin in half
  • Top with marinara 
  • Add any veggies you want (I added spinach and kale) 
  • Add half of a chicken breast, cut into small pieces 
  • Top with mozzarella cheese
  • Bake for 6 minutes on 400
And you're finished! So easy and both add up to less than 350 calories! If you go without the chicken, it is less than 250 calories! Talk about a dream come true for pizza lovers everywhere! 



Just for a comparison, if I were to have two slices of my favorite pizza, cheese from Pizza Hut, it would be around 560 calories and have absolutely no benefits! 

Over and out,
Amanda 


No comments:

Post a Comment