Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sammy's Superheroes

I thought I would do one more post for the night, explaining exactly why pediatric cancer research and funding is so important to me... 

Meet Sammy Nahorny!




Sammy is a 6-year-old family friend of mine, who is currently battling Neuroblastoma. Neuroblastoma is a solid tumor of the adrenal system. Sammy has done multiple rounds of chemotherapy and has had multiple surgeries since 2012. In August of 2012, some of the Nahorny's closest friends started a non-profit organization, called Sammy's Superheroes, to raise funding for all kinds of childhood cancer research. In the process of looking at organizations to donate to, they were shocked by some of the statistics they found. 
For example: 



One thing I've noticed as I've gotten more involved with pediatric cancer research awareness is that unless you know someone personally going through it, you don't really realize it's going on, and what it entails. Those statistics are shocking, and you CAN make a difference! 
Sammy's Superheroes continues to get bigger and bigger. In fact, they recently donated their first big check to a research project at the University of Chicago! 

$50,000! 


Many of my appearances have dealt with how I can help in the fight against cancer and childhood cancer. Every interview I have done, I've added in Sammy's Superheroes however I can. Getting the word out is key! Here are a few of the interviews that are accessible online. 

Critical Beauty  and Inspirational Ladies: Click in to read! 

I wear my Sammy's Superheroes bracelet every single day, if I can't wear it, I put it in my pocket. I've even put in in my high heels!


I have multiple Sammy's Superheroes shirts, that I wear often. When I went to Chicago with my pageant sisters, I brought them all shirts and sent a picture to Sammy, showing him our support in his fight! It meant the world to me to see them care so much about someone they have never met. Brooklynne, Miss Oklahoma USA, has posted pictures of her wearing her shirt even after the trip. That is amazing to me. Spreading the word across the country is great! 



If you are interested in learning more about Sammy's Superheroes, you can head to their website, www.sammyssuperheroes.org or their Facebook page. If you want to buy a shirt, bracelet, or any other apparel, PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me! The easiest way is by emailing: missneusa2014@gmail.com

I have some cool events coming up that I will get to do WITH Sammy. Be on the look out for them! 

I hope after reading this, you will be motivated to make a difference and stand up to cancer! Join the fight and GO GOLD!








No comments:

Post a Comment