Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Operation: That's My Dress!

It's Hump Day!

I have a little break in my day so I thought I would post about my amazing weekend!
Last Friday I headed back to New York City for an event called, Operation: That's My Dress! with the USO. It was the fourth Operation: That's My Dress, which is where military families and daughters can pick out a prom dress of their dreams! The dresses were donated by Sherri Hill and amounted to over a million dollars! How awesome is that?!
Over 40 Miss USA and Miss Teen USA titleholders participated in a fashion show to show off all of the gowns, then we paired off with families to help find their perfect dress! It was such a rewarding experience and I had a smile on my face the entire time, as did the girls receiving their Sherri Hill dresses.
Thank you to all of our military and what they do for our country! We would not live the way we do without you.

(The beautiful stage for the runway show)

(The woman behind it all, Sherri Hill!)

(I helped Carlie pick out this gorgeous prom dress! Her dad is currently employed and I am so thankful for his services!) 

(Miss Mississippi USA, Chelsea Reardon and I backstage at the fashion show! Can't forget Brooklynne creeping in the background ;))

(With some of the Robertson family from Duck Dynasty. Sadie walked in the show with us!) 

(I also got to meet the current Miss USA, Erin Brady. She was so genuine and even let me film her sending a messaging to Sammy wishing him well! She has a huge heart.) 

(At the beautiful Chelsea Piers before the event got started with Miss Oklahoma USA, Brooklynne Young and Miss Utah USA, Angie Layton.)

(I roomed with Miss Maryland USA, Taylor Burton for the weekend. The second we met I knew we would have so much fun together. We laughed so hard all weekend. I can't wait for her to come visit Nebraska, and to spend Miss USA with her!) 

(Miss Kansas Teen USA, Claire Lee,  Miss Missouri Teen USA, Samantha Bowers and I went to visit our boss Donald Trump at Trump Tower.) 

(Brooklynne and I during rehearsals)

Here's a quick video showing what the event was like! You might see a familiar face :) 




xoxo,
Amanda 








No comments:

Post a Comment