Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Super Fun Run 5K

Hi Everyone!

It's a rainy Tuesday here in Lincoln, I'm in the middle of my finals week and thought I would take a break to blog about my latest appearance.
On Saturday, I got to do an appearance with my friend, Sammy! Willard Sorority at Wesleyan University put on a 5K called "Super Fun Run," where all of the proceeds went to Sammy's Superheroes. Everyone was to dress up like a superhero and support the fight against childhood cancer!
Sammy was of course in great spirits, even after a really tough week in Chicago. Sammy underwent a radiation treatment which required him to be isolated from even his parents for 4-5 days in a small hospital room. He was actually radioactive, and couldn't interact with his parents for more than 40 minutes a day, combined. Talk about a 6 year old superhero! He was featured on the front page of the Chicago Tribune where they told his story beautifully.

You can read the article HERE




Love you, Sammy!


No comments:

Post a Comment